Hunter Lott https://www.hunterlott.com/ HR extraordinaire with 1500 Vistage workshops over his 26 years of added value content Zoomed into Austin this week for a May 20th 2 hour morning workshop. Highlights were:
- COVID-19 – follow CDC guidelines – you can’t get sued
- Behavior & Value Performance new norm- written Behavior Standard: “Maintain positive work environment by acting and communicating in a manner so that your get along with customers, clients, vendors, co-workers and management.”
- Leadership – over communicate, weekly 1-2-1’s, monthly emails “from the desk of”
- Management – What are you working on, how can I help?
- Sales team – Increase commissions, quarterly bonuses vs. decreasing – “Just Over” bonuses for all empoloyees
- Working from home – evaluate productivity vs. busy – set, create OKR’s (objectives, key results) – weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Re-opening gudielines: https://www.coronavirus.gov/
- Only keep you A & B employees, look outside for new talent
Ask yourself – Why should an “A” player come to work for me?
- Add behavior standard to your job description posts – make it fun
- RIF’ed employees – Knowing what you know now about this employee, would you enthusiastically rehire him or her?
- Re-open Checklist – CDC guidelines
- Hiring “A” Players – Interview question – Favorite Audition Question
To do your best work how do you need to be managed?
If you want a copy of his talk or his slide deck, send me your email.